Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sweet November | Nature Photography at Hunting Island

Even before moving to Hilton Head Island I had already learned about - and visited - Hunting Island State Park, just east of Beaufort. It is one of those rare places along the coastal sea islands that has been kept almost completely in its original, natural state. In other words, a beach full of wonderful, weathered drift wood and a maritime forest environment free of development. Hunting Island is a nature photographer's dream location. Each and every visit yields images that rank in my top personal favorites representing the South Carolina "lowcountry."

Recently I was blessed with another opportunity to visit and photograph on Hunting. In the beautiful light and pleasing temperatures of a November morning I explored both the wider landscape of beach and sky as well as the smaller details and shapes provided by a treasure trove of subject matter found at my feet.

Even though my visit to Hunting was just for a few hours one morning last week the outing resulted in images that I was happy to add to my growing stock library of South Carolina nature photographs.












No comments: