Monday, November 23, 2009

Toward Winter by Jim Crotty


Toward Winter by Jim Crotty, originally uploaded by jimcrotty.com.

This past Saturday's workshop - "Digital Editing and Workflow for Nature Photography" - went very well. As I was leaving the classroom at Cox Arboretum following a full-day of fun and instruction this was the scene that greeted me. I quickly unpacked my camera and tripod and captured these beautiful colors of a November sunset.

I am now in the early stages of planning my next photography workshop, perhaps a full-day program on winter nature photography on a Saturday in late January or early February. Once again I will present the program at Cox Arboretum (the Mead-Westvaco Theatre is the perfect classroom setting) and limit the group to 20 attendees. This time the instruction will be more of a balance between basic instruction on field shooting techniques and basic digital workflow. I also look forward to demonstrating the hidden beauty that can be discovered out on the winter landscape of Ohio.

If you'd like to be added to the mailing list of those to be first notified when the date is announced for "Winter Nature Photography," please drop me a note via email.

No comments: